with warm weather weekends upon us, it’s about time to teach yourself a staple salad that’s perfect for potlucks and compliments weekend-worthy food like pizza + anything from the grill!
this italian vegetable salad is the answer to all your prayers!
it’s zesty! it’s loaded with farmers market veggies! and it can be made ahead of party time!
not only is it a total crowd pleaser – even for those self-proclaimed veggie haters out there – but it wins busy-life gold because it can be chopped AND dressed up to 24 hours in advance!
that means, with this salad in your arsenal you can confidently sign-up to participate in any potluck or girls night in that your little heart desires, no matter your schedule!
let’s also talk about the fresh veggies in this salad.. from the vibrancy of the carrots down to the gorgeous trio of greens, this salad will please everyone’s eyes before even hitting the palate!
and with farmers markets popping up in nearly every local park on the weekends, get yourself out there + support local vendors!
there’s nothing sexier than farm-to-table local veggies swimming in a garlicky vinaigrette.
speaking of the vinaigrette.. while the salad as a whole is super great to have in your back pocket for any occasion, the homemade zesty italian dressing is the real superstar here.
it coats every last corner of each veggie + the zest from the dried spices keeps your fork dipping back for more!
so you’ve got vibrant veggies. you’ve got flavor-boosted dressing.. all that’s left to talk about is the antipasto stars of the dish – salami, pepperoni + provolone!
the addition of the
slutty indulgent ingredients is to amp up this salad’s star power. there’s something wonderful about colliding an antipasto platter and a handful of raw veggies into a bowl.
don’t believe me?
well, then i suppose the only way to settle the debate is to test it out for yourself! go ahead, prove me wrong!
happy weekending, friends! ♥
- 3 carrots, peeled + chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets + stems removed
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 4oz hard pepperoni, chopped into cubes
- 4oz hard salami, chopped into cubes
- 4oz provolone cheese, chopped into cubes
- pepperoncini + parsely, to taste for garnish
- ½ cup quality olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- salt + pepper
- mix all of the ingredients together, set aside.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the chopped vegetables, meats + cheese.
- pour the vinaigrette over the top + mix VERY WELL too coat + combine.
- let the salad chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- sprinkle with parsley just before serving + enjoy!