tortilla chips. let’s talk about ‘em.
we have talked before about my
obsession love affair with chips. really anything crunchy that comes in a handheld bag. and the glory of this obsession love affair is that i get so excited to try new brands and new flavors.
so imagine the happy little jig i did when i opened up my november degustabox and saw not one, but FOUR bags of beanitos chips.
i hadn’t tried the beanitos brand before, so in order to keep my expert chip eater badge, i
ravaged delicately opened open a bag and gave the hint of lime chips a whirl.
why? well, are they part of the chip family + do they crunch?
then, need i more reasons?
well, needless to say, they were delicious!
they are made from beans and the texture of the chip rivals that of traditional corn tortilla chips – not too thin, but perfectly balanced with lime flavor crystals and some room for crunch.
getting to try these chips is one of the many reasons i totally dig getting my degustabox every month. while i do consider myself an equal opportunity chip eater, i probably would have tried beanitos a bit further down my chip aisle trial.
why? because beans.
so once i fell in love with the chip, i knew i had to give it some culinary life.
enter: hint of lime chip crusted cod.
kind of a mouthful, eh?
but basically.. i seasoned a gorgeous piece of fresh cod with smoked paprika, slathered it in greek yogurt + dredged it in crushed hint of lime beanitos to make a super tasty -and healthy- dish!
i always like to serve fish with a slaw and a sauce. so it just made sense to serve the chip kissed cod over a fresh kale slaw and an avocado crema.
this crema is one i use over and over again, and it never fails!
it lends to all sorts of meals – from your favorite street-style tacos to as a spread for turkey sandwiches (uhhh.. hellloo thanksgiving leftovers, i’m talkin to you!)
let me know if you make this recipe by tagging me in the social world!
also! if you want to receive your own degustabox every month and do a little jig just as i did, then click the link below and get your first box half-off! $9.99/month!
i promise, you’ll be able to put my special avocado-jalapeno crema on at least one of the fifteen items that comes your way!
- 1 large avocado, skin + pit removed
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed if you prefer less heat
- 2 limes, juiced
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- kosher salt + fresh pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fresh cod fish, cut into 4 filets
- 6oz hint of lime tortilla chips, I use the Beanitos brand
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- smoked paprika, kosher salt + fresh pepper, to taste
- combine all ingredients into a food processor.
- blend until smooth.
- you may need to add more water to reach a thin, sauce-like consistency.
- set aside.
- preheat your oven to 400º
- line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper + insert an oven-safe baking rack over the top of the sheet pan. spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- season both sides of the cod filets with smoked paprika, salt + pepper.
- schmear the greek yogurt on all sides of the cod.
- crush the chips until they are a breadcrumb-like size. pour them onto a small plate or surface + dredge the cod in the chips, until covered on all sides, pressing gently to coat.
- place the crusted filets on top of the baking rack + bake for 10-12 minutes, until fish is cooked through, depending on thickness of fish.
- remove from the oven, garnish with the avocado crema + enjoy!